Beef and Broccoli is a perfect slow cooker dish that cooks in only 2 1/2 hours. That gives me just enough time to go to Sunday School and church and come home to a warm and delicious meal! You can do it, too…
This recipe was inspired by the Slow-Cooker Recipes page’s Beef and Broccoli recipe on Facebook. I switched to a Flank steak because it’s tender without being fatty. And it cooks quicker.
Prepare the beef the night before and marinate in sauce. The next morning, cook the rice and set aside. Steam broccoli until tender and set aside. Put the beef in the slow cooker. Cook on high for 2 1/2 hours. If you’d like to cook it slower on low you can cook it in 4 hours.
Just before serving, add cooked broccoli. Serve over rice. It’s so easy, so good.
Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli…It’s what’s for Sunday Dinner…or any other day of the week….
- 1 boneless Flank steak, sliced diagonally, into thin strips
- 1 can beef consumme
- 2/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 TBLS Catsup
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons sauce from the crock pot after being cooked
- 1-2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli florets, steamed
- Hot cooked rice
- Place beef in a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine consomme, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, and garlic. Pour over beef. ( Beef may be marinated over night at this point if desired) Cook on high for 2 1/2 hours.
- In a cup, stir cornstarch and sauce form the slow cooker until smooth. Add to slow cooker. Stir well to combine.
- Cover and cook an additional 30 minutes on high (the sauce has to boil for it to thicken).
- Steam broccoli florets until tender. Add broccoli to beef just before serving.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.