It’s almost Valentine’s Day and these little goodies are perfect for any Valentine in your life! Raspberry Rose Meringue Cookies look pretty on the table and they are easy to make.
I know I often say ‘It’s easy to make’ and so I’m guessing you know by now, if it’s not easy for me, I’m not sharing with you.
Recently I posted a recipe for Chocolate Pecan Meringue Cookies. This recipe is similar except it is piped through a pastry bag to make the rose design.
I’ll be having some friends over for our annual Valentine’s Day Dinner Party. I made these ahead because they freeze so nicely and they look special. I always want my friends to know they are special to me! So once a year, at least, they come over to get spoiled. Besides, who wants to go out on the busiest date night of the year and wait for a table to eat mediocre food? Not me…and not our friends!
These are fun and pretty and I made enough for Valentine gift bags for each guest to take home…and since they freeze so well….what are you waiting for? Go ahead and get them done and out of the way….then on Valentine’s Day put them out on a pretty little plate and show your loved ones how much you truly want to be their Valentine!
P.S. They won’t keep them in the refrigerator…they’ll become soft. Store them at room temperature in an air-tight container or freeze them.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon raspberry extract
- 5-6 drops red food coloring, more or less, according to your preference of color.
- Preheat oven to 175*
- Beat egg whites, salt and cream of tartar until frothy, about 2 minutes.
- Add powdered sugar a little at a time while whipping.
- In crease speed of mixer and beat until stiff about 5 minutes.
- Add raspberry extract and food coloring. Beat just until mixed well.
- Spoon into a pastry bag with your largest star tip.
- Line baking sheet with parchment
- To pipe the rose, hold the bag vertical in the center point of the rose.
- Gently squeeze the bag and move outward in a concentric motion while continuing to hold the bag vertically. Lift the tip to finish.
- Mine are about 2-3 inches wide. Space them about 1/2 inch apart.
- You want to work fairly quickly because meringue will fall and you want this in the oven asap.
- Bake 175* about 2 hours.
- Cool completely.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
- They will keep for a couple of weeks.
- Or they freeze beautifully.
Enjoy! Happy Valentine’s Day!