The first time my husband grilled chicken for me I knew I was going to marry him. It was to perfection. I’d never had grilled chicken that wasn’t dried out and tough. It was tender and moist and the marinade was just perfect. We’ve been grill-less for several years and so this year I bought him one for his birthday. I didn’t realize how much I missed his grilling! It’s Labor Day weekend and I thought Id share with you this excellent Grilled Sriracha Chicken recipe.
This very simple marinade makes the best Grilled Sriracha Chicken. It’s a perfect combination of sweet and spicy. You can increase the sriracha if you’d like a little more heat. I prefer not and keep it at one tablespoon. That’s plenty enough heat for me.
Simply mix all of the ingredients, except chicken in a small bowl. If needed, heat very slightly to dissolve the honey. My bowl was stainless steel and I just sat it on a warm burner, barely. You don’t want to heat the marinade, just melt the honey.
At this point, I reserved about 1/4 cup of marinade for my pineapple and set it aside.
Rinse chicken breast and dry them off. Dip into the marinade and refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, for 1 hour or overnight.
Grill over medium high heat for about 6 minutes on each side or until the breast reaches an internal temperature of 165*, being careful not to burn. My husband says he always sears the chicken at the beginning, to seal in the juices. Then reduces the heat to cook.
Place drained pineapple on grill and baste with reserved marinade until well heated. I like grill markings on it. You may use fresh pineapple or canned, in it’s own juice. I used canned.
I served this with my Balsamic Grape and Tomato Salad. I added avocado to my salad. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 TBLS vinegar
- 1/4 cup catsup
- 1 TBLS prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar,packed
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 TBLS minced fresh garlic
- 2-3 tablespoon Sriracha chili sauce
- taste to see if you need salt and/or pepper
- 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 tall can pineapple slices, drained
- Mix marinade ingredients and blend until smooth and well blended.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of marinade to baste pineapple later (If you choose to cook pineapple) if not, then you won't need to reserve any.
- Rinse and dry chicken.
- Dip into marinade.
- Place in a dish and cover with plastic.
- Allow to marinade for at least and hour or overnight.
- Grill over medium high heat for about 6 minutes per side,or until chicken reaches and internal temperature of 165*
- Place Pineapple on grill and baste with reserved marinade. Heat through, Serve.