Chocolate Pecan Meringue Cookies are a quick and easy way to used leftover egg whites. I made my Lemon Cheesecake -Strawberry Trifle last weekend and had 3 egg whites left. So, I made these delicious little morsels.
The recipe is very simple. Simply whip eggs white until stiff, adding additional ingredients. Spoon onto cookie sheet and place in oven over low temperature to cook. Allow to cool and then serve! They won’t last long.
Promise me that the next time you find yourself staring into a bowl of egg whites, wondering what to do…. you remember this recipe! You’ll be glad you did…Enjoy!
- 3 eggs whites
- 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven 300*
- Whip egg whites with cream of tartar until they are frothy.
- Add sugar very gradually as you whip. Mix in chocolate, salt and vanilla and continue to beat until stiff and will hold a nice peak.
- Spoon nuts and chips into meringue, very gently, so as not to deflate the meringue.
- Spoon by tablespoon onto parchment paper. Place into preheated oven and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Turn off oven. Allow to cool completely in oven. Or overnight in oven is fine, too.